Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Bradford, Day 6

This morning I jolted awake with sun shining into my window so brightly that I thought it was noon! I was mistaken, though, it was only 6:30am. We are far, far north here. Knowing that rain and clouds were in the forecast, I decided to take advantage of the early morning sunshine and do my running before breakfast.

I had such a great time! I went back to the Manor grounds, and since I now know the paths somewhat, was able to run much farther along it. A ways in I came upon a ruin which looked like part of a castle wall, although I'm not sure what it was. I had a great time exploring it! I know, I'm a kid with stuff like that. It was a really fun run.

The other highlight of my day was as a girl gave me a hug in greeting she told me that I smell like America! It was one of the most funny things I have ever been told:-). Since I wasn't quite sure what she meant, I didn't know how to respond. She clarified that it smells "sweet" and that she likes it, so I took it as a compliment. Really, as much as I try not to stand out as an American whenever possible, I am glad to be identified with my country.

No comments:

Post a Comment