Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July

A few friends reminded me that it is the Fourth of July today. To all of my American friends and family, Happy Independence Day!

I remembered today that my last 4th post was about how suitable it seemed for me to be returning to the States from England on a day marking such significant history between the two countries. That trip was a big turning point for me as I considered what I was going to do with this year. Thinking about that today reminded me of how huge this last year has been. I didn't know then that I would move back to the UK for the fall, or that I would spend seven months in Palestine and Israel. I am thankful for where God has taken me this year and for all I have learned. There is still much processing ahead, but I know I have been challenged and grown already.

Thanks for tracking with me over the last year and a half. It has been a wild ride (which doesn't look like it'll be over any time soon)!

For now, here is a 4th of July trip down memory lane... these are the types of things you'd catch me doing if I were in America today:

Chilling with my family and friends. Picture from 4 July 2009.

Dressed in RED, WHITE, and BLUE. Picture taken 4 July 2008.

Watching fireworks with some of these people in Catonsville. Picture from 4 July 2008.

OK, this picture is just to remind me how American I can be. The football field just seals the deal. Picture taken 4 July 2008.

If given the opportunity, playing lawn games. Yes, this is a day I do think lawn games are kinda fun. Picture from 4 July 2005.

Playing croquette with my family. Picture from 4 July 2005.

Enjoying old friends, enjoying laying on the ground and watching the sky show. Photo from 4 July 2005.
Add to this eating lots of yummy food (including hamburgers, hot dogs, and watermelon), and I think you have the picture! I hope those at home are having a wonderful time celebrating the holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment