Friday, March 2, 2012

"Make Bradford British"

Today I watched a new show which BBC produced called Make Bradford British. It was a very interesting look at this city and some of the multi-ethnic, multi-cultural realities of this place. It reminded me of many conversations I've had here and really why I love this city. Although many look at the diversity as a down-side, it is the reason I was drawn to it and why I continue to love it here.

I'm not sure if you can see this show in the states. In the UK it can be viewed here: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/make-bradford-british/4od... let me know if you can get to it in the States, OK? If you're interested, this will give a good introduction to where I live at the moment.

It is interesting to me how the "melting pot" reality here is different than it is in the USA. I guess that's all I'll say here now, but I'd love to have conversations to understand it better!

1 comment: