Friday, July 1, 2011

Tribute to Judi

This is my post of thanks that God has put some wonderful people in my life here in Israel and Palestine.

Yesterday marked the beginning of the end of this life-phase when my lovely housemate and co-volunteer Judith left to go home to Austria. For the last five months she has been a huge blessing to me, sharing both my home and office... the younger sister I didn't expect to have here. It has been so helpful to have someone to process with, and she has been so gracious in being my primary sounding-board through lots of big issues needing to be worked through as I've experienced life here.

I am incredibly impressed with Judith's ambitious and adventurous spirit, her diligence, servant heart, intelligence, and kindness. I expect this twenty-one year old to leave a tremendous mark on the world, and am thankful to have her as a great friend!

Here are a few memories we have shared:

Lots of fun and laughter in Bethlehem and Jerusalem!


Sharing great friends (and YANIF)

Riding this "British awesome" camel... 
Working for Musalaha, going on the Youth Desert Encounter, learning a lot about cultural differences in organizational structures.
Having our eyes opened to the realities of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, experiencing the confused phases of understanding , grief, frustration, and the beauty of reconciliation.
Thank you, Judi. God bless you as you transition home. My prayer is that you will have a wonderful time and find contentment in Him wherever you go. I look forward to seeing you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment